Tuesday, July 12, 2016






                 The Mamogram and the Boob

  I'll bet you're thinking all kinds of things because of this title. Well think again it's not what you think. Yes there was a mammogram and yes there was a boob, actually a couple of them, but not in the way you might think.

   It was time for my annual mammogram so I called and scheduled an appointment. On the day of the mammogram I took a shower and got ready to go. I always take a damp washcloth with me to clean myself a bit before the test since you aren't allowed to wear deodorant on the day of. I also take a book with me and with the advent of e-readers, I had one of those with me.

  It appeared the hospital had gotten some new gowns for us to wear. They were shirts that split up the front and tied at the sides. Very modest and cute. Lots better than the full frontal that we used to have to wear. So I changed into my new "shirt" and went out and sat in the waiting area to be called for my test.

  I was reading away and waiting for my name to be called when the person in the waiting room with me asked me what book I was reading. We got into a long discussion about the book and had a few laughs. This was her first mammogram and she was nervous. She  was also in her 60's. I didn't ask her why this was her first but her physician had sent her because he felt a lump. I wished her well and was called out for my mammogram. I gathered my kindle and purse and headed down the hall with my tech. We passed 2 other techs and another woman who had been tested already and was ready to leave.

   We got into our room and my tech asked me how I liked the new gowns the hospital had provided us to wear. "I really like them, they are so comfortable." She laughed and said she thought I looked pretty comfortable.

  I happened to look down and there it was, my right boob had been hanging out the entire time because I had only tied the one tie. Yep, there was my girl hanging out in all her glory. I looked up at the tech and said "I thought I'd start a fashion trend by letting one hang out. It appears the men all want to show off their butts with their pants down to their ankles why not start a revolution and let a boob hang out?"

  I tried but it never caught on, and Lance wasn't really down with the idea either.




til next time

Debbie










No comments:

Post a Comment