Tuesday, December 1, 2015

A Not So Joyful Experience



                                               
                                                       The Day of the Not So Dead?


     Yesterday I thought I smelled something off in my laundry room. My laundry room not only houses my washer and dryer, but it also has a pantry area where I store my unused appliances. That's not to say I don't use them; I do, just not all the time. Anyway back to the phantom smell. I looked around and decided it had to be the trash. Which, by the way, is also in my laundry room. There is also a large covered container for the food I feed my three fur babies. And of course, the water drinker that resembles those that you find on top of the ones you see in office buildings, that people are always talking around.

      Quite frankly, I never understood the fascination with the water cooler. I'd rather talk around a nice fire or a bottle of wine, but that's just me.

        I turned my laundry room upside down trying to find the "dead thing." Since I have three fur babies, one of which I know likes to bring in dead things and save them for me to come home. Laci gave me the gift of stink while I was away from home on a cruise. She decided that my recliner would be a wonderful place to put the baby bird she found that had fallen out of its nest. The problem is that it takes a while to find the smell when it's surrounded by an entire recliner's worth of material and stuffing. It seems the bird had gotten wedged underneath the seat and between the liner and the floor.

        Needless to say, we went furniture shopping the next day.

        I moved the dryer out of the way and found many assorted items that missed the garbage can. The person who's responsible, who's not me, lives in my house and shares my life. I just sigh, clean up the mess and go on with my mission.

        Next on my agenda was the dog food container, the water drinker, and the washer. Thankfully I only got as far as the dog food container. It appears my "dead thing" was a potato that was passed it's prime. It was a new bag; I wonder if I can get a refund for the smelly thing? Nah, I am now the proud owner of the cleanest laundry room in town. I think I'll have some potato soup for dinner with the remaining potato's that aren't "dead."


Til next time,

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment